Each week on Randy Seaver’s Genea-musings blog he has a post for Saturday night Genealogy fun. Because of the time difference, I have called my series Sunday Afternoon Genealogy Fun.
For this week’s mission (should you decide to accept it), I challenge you to:
1) Go to the “How Old I Look?” website (http://how-old.net/#) and upload one or more of your photos of yourself, your family, or your ancestors.
2) Show us the results on your own blog post, on Facebook or Google+. Please post a link to your post as a comment on this blog post.
3) Come on now, be brave and show us your photos. You don’t have to tell your age, only how many years off the guess is.
1) This was a photo of me in 2014. I was 51 years old.
So it missed my age by 6 years.
2) This next photo was my wedding photo – I was 22 years old.
It missed my age by 29 years!
3) This was me at age 6.
It missed my age by 24 years.
4) I then decided to choose some random photos from my photo collection.
This was the wedding photo of my mum’s uncle, John James Marr and Frances Cook in 1923. I don’t know who everyone in the photo was, but I presume the couple in the middle were John and Frances. John was was 23 and Frances was 21.
It missed their ages by 2 and 19 years.
5) The following is of my husband’s great grandparents, Thomas Smith and Louisa May Clyne, on their wedding day in 1903. Thomas was 29 and Louisa was 22.
It missed the ages by 12 and 15 years.
6) The last photo was my great grandfather’s sister’s husband, Joseph Bannister Stow. This was taken in 1892, when he was 61 years old.
Of the photos, this came the closest, as it missed by only 1 year.