The ancestor in my tree with this surname is Anna Maria Harrison.
1. Lois V. Whimpey
2. Ivon Walter Whimpey (1923-2009)
3. Edith Jean Marr (1922-1990)
4. John Ernest Whimpey (1884-1960)
5. Ivy May Harley (1890-1959)
8. Joseph Whimpey (1848-1919)
9. Sarah Jane Sharp (1853-1906)
18. Henry Sharp (1826-1892)
19. Jane Elizabeth Oldroyd (1828-1902)
36. William Sharp (1795-1866)
37. Sarah Rose Crossley (1804-1868)
72. John Sharp (1770-?)
73. Anna Maria Chatterton (1773-1841).
144. Thomas Chatterton
145. Anna Maria Harrison (1745-1802).
Anna married Thomas Chatterton on 9 December 1766 in Warmfield, Yorkshire, England. There is also an entry for them at Wakefield on 7 December 1766, which was probably their banns record.
I have found a possible baptism entry for Anna Maria Harrison, on 11 October 1735 at All Saints, Wakefield. I have also found a burial that appears to be for Anna. Anna Maria Chatterton, spouse Thomas Chatterton, born 1745, was buried 9 September 1802 at All Saints, Wakefield. Since there is a 10-year difference between the baptism record, and the age on the burial record, I am not sure the baptism record is for my Anna, but given the age at the time of the burial, and the name of the spouse, I am fairly certain the burial record is for my Anna.
Sources of information:
Most of this information was found in the following 2 collections at ancestry.com.au:
- West Yorkshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1512-1812
- England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975 at ancestry.com.au