Each week on Randy Seaver’s Genea-musings blog he has a post for Saturday night Genealogy fun. Because of the time difference, I have called my series Sunday Afternoon Genealogy Fun. This week, the mission was:
1) My friend and colleague Linda Stufflebean posted JUST FOR FUN – 4 X 6 = 24 FAMILY TREE QUESTIONS on her blog last week, and I thought we could answer half of the questions last week and half this week.
2) Here are the last three questions:
* Name four places on my ancestral home bucket list I’d like to visit:
* What are the four most unusual surnames in your family tree?
* Which four brick walls would you most like to smash through?
3) Answer each of the questions based on your own ancestors, not the collateral lines. If you didn’t answer the first three questions, you can include them this week.
4) Share your answers with us in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this post, in a Facebook post or a Google+ post. Please provide a link to your response if you can.
Here are my answers:
Name four places on my ancestral home bucket list I’d like to visit:
- Frome, Somerset, England where my Whimpey family came from
- Bassingbourn & Melbourn, Cambridgeshire, England where my Docwra, Oliver, Scott and Campkin families came from
- Longforgan, Perthshire, Scotland where my Harley family came from
- Goteborg, Sweden where William Edward Ball (and possibly his mother and her ancestors) came from
What are the four most unusual surnames in your family tree?
Which four brick walls would you most like to smash through?
- To find the parents of my 2x great grandmother Margaret Price
- To find out more about Martin Russell of Cork, Ireland, and who his parents were
- To confirm where my Marr family were originally from, so that I can find the parents of Peter Marr
- To find a baptism for Elizabeth Skempton, so that I can find out who her parents were