A couple of months ago I featured Frederick John Morck in my Trove Tuesday – Drover speared by Blacks post. It was Frederick’s family who lived at Jamieson. More information about Jamieson can be found at Wikipedia The following is some of the information I have so far on the Morck family.
Adolph Anker Morck married Margaret Marian Haverley in 1856 in Victoria, Australia.
I have found the following advertisement mentioning Adolph the following year.
Adolph and Margaret (or Mary) had the following children:
- Ludwig Ferdinand Morck born 1857 at Woolshed C. He married first Martha Agnes Ball (under the name Frederick John Morck), and they had two children, Frederick William Morck, born 1902 at Jamieson, and Mary Agnes Morck, born 1904 at Jamieson. After Martha died, he married her sister Alice Ida Ball. Martha and Alice were sisters of my 2x great grandmother Elizabeth Ann Ball.
- Emily Margaret Morck born 1859 at Merton, died 1862.
- James Adolph Morkc born abt 1861.
- Thomas William Moerck born 1863 at Jamieson
- Emilia Margaret Moerck born 1864 at Jamieson
- John Moerck born 1866 at Jamieson
- Johanna Mary Morck born 1868 at Jamieson
- Alwilda Mary Morck born 1873 at Jamieson, died 1874
- Henry Edward Morck born 1873 at Jamieson, died 1873
Adolph died in 1904 at Jamieson, aged 76 years. FindAGrave has a memorial for Adolph, which indicates he was born in 1828 in Norway and died 24 September 1904. There is a tree on ancestry which shows Adolph was born 29 July 1827 at Fredrikkester, Sor-Trondelag, Norway.
His wife appears to have died in Queensland – a Mary Morck died in Queensland, on 8 May 1916. Her parents were listed on the death entry as James Falvey and Mary Hickey.