The first person in my tree with this surname was Mary Moore.
My line is
1. Lois Whimpey
2, Ivon Walter Whimpey (1923-2009)
3. Edith Jean Marr (1922-1990)
4. John Ernest Whimpey (1884-1960)
5. Ivy May Harley (1890-1959)
10. Alexander Alexander Harley (1866-1939)
11. Henrietta Louisa Russell (1865-1949)
22. Thomas Henry Russell (1844-1892)
23. Maria Louisa Doyle (1847-1925)
44. Garrett John Russell (1817-1877)
45. Susan Greene (1819-1884)
88. Martin Russell (ca.1790-bef 1856)
89. Mary Moore (1793-1862)
Mary was born about 1793, in Cork, Ireland. She married Martin Russell on 23 April 1811 at St Mary’s Parish in Cork, Ireland. After her husband died, Mary migrated to Australia with her grandson Martin Russell. Martin’s mother and other siblings also migrated to Australia in the same year, but on a separate ship. They went to join Mary’s son Garrett John Russell, who had accepted a position as incumbent at Buninyong.
On her death certificate, Mary’s parents were listed as Michael Moore and Anne Lewis.
Another family member had found the marriage entry for Martin and Mary, so I was able to find the marriage record myself when the Catholic Parish Registers became available online. Now that they can also now be searched at Ancestry and FindMyPast, I decided to see if I could find Mary’s baptism, or her parents’ marriage. I was unable to find them on either Ancestry or FindMyPast, so I have been unable to progress any further on the Moore family at this stage.