Each week on Randy Seaver’s Genea-musings blog he has a post for Saturday night Genealogy fun. Because of the time difference, I have called my series Sunday Afternoon Genealogy Fun. This week, the mission was:
1) Tell us about your “other” hobbies or interests outside of genealogy and family history research, writing, speaking, etc. Be mindful of your family’s privacy, though!
2) Write a blog post of your own, respond with a comment to this post, or write a Facebook status post or a Google+ Stream post.
My other interests include:
* Traveling – my daughter and I loved to go for long drives around Victoria (although not at the moment, as we need a new car)
* Reading –I like to read a little each day. My favourite authors include Agatha Christie, Barbara Taylor Bradford, Linda Howard, Mary Higgins Clark, Dick Francis, J. K. Rowling, and J. R. R. Tolkien.
* Entertainment – My daughter and I love to watch movies and TV shows. We generally watch them on DVD at home, and occasionally I’ll go to the cinema.
* Eating and sleeping – My daughter and I share the cooking. We do go out to eat, but it’s usually just take-away. I usually get about 8 hours sleep a night. My daughter and I tend to be night owls, so the time we go to bed and get up varies.
* Exercise? Not much, except swimming in the warmer weather. I know I need more exercise, but I tend to find the activities I can do sitting so much more interesting!