A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about the death of my great grandfather’s sister, Euphemia McWhinney nee Harley. This week, I decided to search for articles about the next child in this family, Janet Mills, nee Harley.
I had in my database that Janet died in 1951, and since the names Janet and Adam Mills are both common names, I narrowed my search to articles in 1951. There was no article found for Janet, so I then thought I’d search for Adam’s death notice, and changed my search to the decade 1930 to 1939, and found Janet’s death notice.
I then decided to check the source for the death year of 1951, and found that I did have the right year there. I had noted that her death entry was registration no 4793 of 1931. The incorrect death year was a typing error, that has now been corrected by finding the death notice. I was now able to add the date of death, 14 May, as well.
The next entry in the search results was Adam’s death and funeral notices.
There was also another death notice for Janet in The Argus, which provided her date of burial: