The first ancestor in my tree with this surname was Elizabeth Male. Her relationship to my ex-husband is:
52 George Laver
53 Elizabeth Male.
Elizabeth was christened 24 May 1818 at Kingsbury Episcopi, Somerset, England. She was the daughter of Robert Male and Hannah Isaac
She married George Laver on 7 July 1840 at Kingsbury Episcopi. They had 4 children:
- Thomas Laver (1840-1919)
- Jane Laver (1843-1923)
- William Laver (1845-1876)
- Louisa Laver (1846-1937)
Elizabeth died 22 September 1897 at St Kilda, in the colony of Victoria, and was buried 23 September 1897 at St Kilda Cemetery
106 Robert Male (1788-1868)
107 Hannah Isaac (1796-1870)
Robert was christened 9 March 1788 at Kingsbury Episcopi, Somerset, England. He was the son of James Male and Ann Hooper.
Robert married Hannah Isaac on 8 July 1816 at Kingsbury Episcopi. They had 9 children:
- Job Male (1816-1891)
- Elizabeth Male (1818-1897)
- Mary Ann Male (1820-?) She married Thomas Burnell. The last census I can find her on is the 1881 UK Census, when she was still living at Kingsbury Episcopi. There is a death entry for Mary Ann Burnull in 1887 in the Langport district, age 64, which may be for her.
- George Male (1822-1886)
- Robert Male (1824-1892)
- Gideon Male (1827-?) Gideon married Mary Dominey. The last census I can find him on is the 1891 census, when he and his wife were living at Meare. I found a death and burial entry for a Gideon Mills in Meare in 1894. I will need to get the death certificate to see if it provides any further details to verify it is for Gideon Male,
- Caroline Male (1829-?) I haven’t been able to find any trace of Caroline after the 1841 census, when she was in the household with her parents. There was a burial of a Caroline Male, age 17 on 29 Sep 1843 at Frome St John, Somerset. There is no corresponding baptism in Frome for a Caroline Male, so this might be our Caroline.
- Rhoda Male (1831-1913)
- Jane Male (1833-1855)
Robert was buried 30 December 1868 at Kingsbury Episcopi.
212 James Male
213 Ann Hooper
James Male married Ann Hooper on 11 April 1787 at Kingsbury Episcopi. James and Ann appear to have had only 2 children:
- Robert Male, christened 9 March 1788 at Kingsbury Episcopi
- George Male, christened 22 November 1789 at Kingsbury Episcopi
I have not yet been able to find a baptism record for James Male, so I have not been able to trace this line back any further. I have also been unable to determine which burial record would be for him.
Surname Cloud created using WordClouds.com