The first ancestor in my tree with this surname was Elizabeth Theisinger. Her relationship to my ex-husband is:
Elizabeth Theisinger was born 14 May 1865 at Hurd Street, Portland, in the colony of Victoria. She was the daughter of Jacob Theisinger and Catherine Lepper.
Elizabeth married Patrick John Theodore Mulder on 22 September 1883 at Portland, and they had 13 children:
- Ernest William Mulder (1884-?)
- Florence Catherine Mulder (1886-1886)
- Ruby Evelyn Mulder (1887-1887)
- John Clarence Mulder (1887-1888)
- Stella Beatrice Mulder (1889-1982)
- John Harold Mulder (1891-1893)
- Lucy Viola Mulder (1893-1894)
- Gladys Elizabeth Mulder (1894-1895)
- Norman Victor Mulder (1896-1978)
- John Eric Mulder (1898-1977)
- Albert Hector Mulder (1901-1965)
- Lilah Adela Mulder (1903-1987)
- Alma Doris Mulder (1906-1994)
Elizabeth died 21 September 1918 at the Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Victoria, Australia, and was buried 24 September 1918 at the Brighton Cemetery.
Jacob Theisinger was born about 1829, and christened 8 June 1829 at Evangelish, Katzweiler, Pfalz, Germany. He was the son of Jacob Michael Theisinger and Maria Philipina Reiss.
Jacob married Catherine Lepper on 18 September 1853 in Liverpool, England. They had 6 children:
- Catherine Theisinger (1854-1939)
- Philip Henry Theisinger (1856-1942)
- Peter Theisinger (1858-1932)
- Jacob Theisinger (1860-1898)
- William Theisinger (1863-1943)
- Elizabeth Theisinger (1865-1918)
Jacob died 14 September 1901 at Hurd Street, Portland. He was buried 16 September 1901 in the Cemetery South, in Portland.
Jacob Michael Theisinger was born about 1805, and christened 5 June 1805 at Katzweiler, Pfalz, Germany. He was the son of Jean Guillaume (or William) Theisinger and Anna Margaretha Kayser.
He married Maria Philipina Reiss on 1 January 1831 at Evangelisch, Katzweiler, Pfalz, Bayern, Germany. They had 8 children:
- Jacob Theisinger (1829-1901)
- Peter Theisinger (1832-?)
- Christina Theisinger (1835-?)
- Philip Theisinger (1838-1910)
- Wihelm Theisigner (1841-?)
- Carl Theisinger (1845-?)
- Elisabetha Theisinger (1849-?)
- Philipina Theisinger (1855-?)
I don’t yet have any information about his death or burial.
Jean Guillaume Theisinger
I have not yet found a christening record for him. The earliest record I have was when he married Anna Margaretha Kayser on 5 February 1805 at Katzweiler, Pfalz, Bayern, Germany.
They had 11 children, all christened at Katzweiler, Pfalz, Bayern, Germany:
- Jacob Michael Theisinger christened 5 Jun 1805
- Susanne Theisinger christened 12 Feb 1807
- Margaretha Theisinger christened 7 Apr 1809
- Jacob Theisinger christened 28 Mar 1811
- Margaretha Theisinger christened 12 Apr 1815
- Wilhelm Theisinger christened 12 Apr 1815
- Johannes Theisinger born 24 Sep 1817 at Olsbrueken Germany. He married Margaretha Schneider 23 Feb 1841 at Evangelisch, Katzweiler, Pfalz, Bayern, Germany:, and had 7 children.
- Johann George Theisinger christened 28 Sep 1817, died 8 Nov 1817
- Wihelm Theisinger christened 23 May 1819
- Peter Theisinger christened 26 May 1822
- Wilhelm Theisinger christened 1 Sep 1825
I have not yet found a burial record for him.
Since I haven’t found his christening record, I haven’t traced this line any further back at this stage.