Each week on Randy Seaver’s Genea-musings blog he has a post for Saturday night Genealogy fun. Because of the time difference, I have called my series Sunday Afternoon Genealogy Fun. This week’s mission was:
1) What was your mother’s father’s full name?
2) What is your mother’s father’s matrilineal line? That is, his mother’s mother’s mother’s … back to the most distant female ancestor in that line. Provide her ahnentafel number (relative to you), and her birth and death years and places.
3) Tell us about it in your own blog post, or in a Comment on this post, or in a Facebook post. Please put a link to your post in Comments here.
1) My maternal grandfather was #6 Wilfred Palmer Marr (1892-1955).
2) Wilfred’s mother was #13 Mary Reeves (1864-1951), who married Henry Palmer Marr (1859-1944). Mary was born in Amherst, Victoria, Australia, married in Craigie, Victoria, Australia, and died in North Melbourne at age 86.
* Mary’s mother was #27 Mary Gill (1829-1903) who married William John Reeves (1828-1888). Mary was born in Cumberland, England, married in Amherst, Victoria, Australia, and died in Ararat, Victoria, Australia at age 74.
* Mary’s mother was #55 Mary Scott (1792-1872) who married William Gill (1787-1847). Mary was born in Aspatria, Cumberland, England, married in Cumberland, England, and died in Cockatoo Gully, Victoria, Australia at age 80.
* Mary’s mother was #111 Anne Ackley who married David Scott (1760-?). They were married at All Hallows, Cumberland, England, on 15 Feb 1789. I have found a baptism for David, but haven’t yet found one for Anne. I don’t know when either of them were buried as the burial records for Cumberland are not available online.