Each week on Randy Seaver’s Genea-musings blog he has a post for Saturday night Genealogy fun. Because of the time difference, I have called my series Sunday Afternoon Genealogy Fun. This week’s mission was:
1) Check out Pauleen Cass’s blog post, Crazy Month of May 2020 Meme: Pandemic Experiences.
2) Let’s do the first 10 of the prompts and save the last 11 for next week.
3) Tell us about your own pandemic experience in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a post on Facebook. Be sure to leave a link to your work as a Comment to this post and also on Pauleen’s post.
4) Thank you, Pauleen!!
1) What are you most grateful for during this Covid-19 crisis?
Free Access to Ancestry.com.au through the State Library of Victoria. I had taken out a library membership in February this year, as I was looking for access to their online resources, so I’ve been able to take advantage of their Ancestry Library Edition. I am also grateful that I have my own home, and that I am no longer working.
2) What have you missed most during the full or partial lock-down?
I haven’t missed all that much, since I have been living on my own since the beginning of the year, and I don’t have a car. My sister has still been taking me to appointments and to do the shopping once a week. I did miss seeing my daughter, but I have been able to see her twice in May, as restrictions have eased.
3) Has your hobby sustained you during this time?
Yes, but not any more than usual.
4) What changes have you seen in your life over May 2020?
I haven’t seen many changes in my life, at least not since March.
5) Have you been exercising more or less?
I have been exercising more, but that has been because I’m able to walk further after my hip replacement in September. I have been walking regularly since returning home in January.
6) Has the refrigerator been your friend or foe?
Neither. I had been getting Hello Fresh delivered since my sister offered me a free week earlier in the year, and I still get everything else I need on a weekly basis, so my eating habits haven’t changed.
7) Have you been participating in virtual gatherings with friends or family?
I don’t see friends or family much anyway, so I haven’t participated in any virtual gatherings.
8) Have you taken up new hobbies during the lockdowns?
No new hobbies. Genealogy keeps me busy anyway.
9) Are you cooking or gardening more?
I’m not cooking more than usual, and I haven’t been gardening more (I don’t do the gardening).
10) Have you shopped more or less? Online or offline?
I haven’t shopped more or less. My sister takes me once a week still for any grocery shopping I need, and for any other shopping I need.
Questions 11 to 21 next week!!