I was recently researching the descendants of my ex-husband’s 2x great grandparents, Thomas Laver and Eliza Hooton, and found some articles about two Alice Lavers, who both died in 1929. The first Alice Laver was Alice Winifred Laver. Her relationship to my ex-husband is:
This is the article for Alice Winifred Laver.
GIRL FATALLY BURNED
Caught Fire at Stove
Evidence given at an inquiry yesterday into the death of Alice Laver, 16 years, 78 Union-street, Windsor, showed at 10 p.m. on 20th inst. the girl’s clothes caught fire while she was standing in front of a stove at her home. She ran out of the back door, round the side of the house, and came in again at the front door. She was treated at home, and was later removed to Alfred Hospital, where she died three days later from injuries received.
A finding of accidental death was entered.
The second Alice was Alice Margaret Laver. Her relationship to my ex-husband is:
I found two articles about her death.
BABY SUFFOCATED IN MOTHER’S BED
At an inquest today into the death of Alice Margaret Laver, six weeks, the Coroner (Mr D. Grant, P. M.) recording a finding of accidental death by suffocation.
The evidence was that the baby had fretted during the night, and was taken into bed with her mother, found her dead beside her about 5.50 a.m. on October 18.
DEATH OF BABY
An inquest was held by the coroner (Mr. D. Grant) yesterday into the death of Alice Margaret Laver, aged six weeks. The mother of the child, Iris Victoria Laver, of Union street, Windsor, said: – I went to sleep on October 17 with my baby asleep in a perambulator beside my bed. Early in the morning she became restless, so I put her into my bed with her head on my right arm. When I awakened she was dead.
After medical evidence had been given a finding of accidental death due to asphyxia from suffocation was recorded.